SEMO Food Bank receives donation of $5,500 | Community Spirit
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - The Southeast Missouri Food Bank received a donation of $5,500 from Coad Toyota and the Coad Family Dealerships.
The food bank says this gift includes a matching donation from Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A.
"Southeast Missouri Food Bank is grateful to have the continued support of Coad Toyota and the Coad Family of Dealerships," said Karen Green, executive director of Southeast Missouri Food Bank. "Thanks to generous friends like Coad Toyota the Food Bank is able to reach out to the 64,000 Southeast Missourians who do not know where their next meal will come from."
Over 170 nonprofit hunger relief agencies in 16 counties of Southeast Missouri benefit from the Southeast Missouri Food Bank. These counties include: Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Dunklin, Madison, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Perry, Reynolds, Ripley, Scott, Ste. Genevieve, Stoddard and Wayne.
According to the food bank, their member agencies include food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters for the abused and homeless, senior citizens programs, low-income children's programs and non-profit rehabilitation facilities.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse