30,000 Scouts expected to participate in 28th annual 'Scouting for Food' drive | Community Spirit
(KFVS) - More than 30,000 Scouts are expected to participate in the 28th annual "Scouting for Food" canned goods drive on Saturday, November 17.
Last Saturday, Scouts distributed more than 1 million plastic grocery bags throughout eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois. Scouts, parents and leaders will return to those same areas to collect the bags filled with food items.
The Scouts collected more than 45 million food items during the first 27 years of the drive.
If you took pictures as you passed out bags for Scouting for Food on Saturday, you can e-mail them to cNews@kfvs12.com or click here to upload them. Don't forget to include your name and where you're from.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse