National Kids to Parks Day on May 19 | Environment
(KFVS) - Missouri State Parks encourages all Missourians to get out in a park on National Kids to Parks Day, May 19.
The national event is sponsored by the National Park Trust.
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon proclaimed May 19 as Kids to Parks Day in Missouri.
Parks can provide an opportunity for children to engage in active lifestyles while experiencing what nature has to offer. Whether it is a hike, a swim, or a bike ride all outdoor activities contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
Gov. Nixon created the Children in Nature Challenge to encourage activities that introduce children to nature year-round. Communities and families can participate in the challenge. Learn more about the challenge at childreninnature.mo.gov.
For more information on the National Kids to Parks Day, visit kidstoparks.org. For more information on Missouri state parks and historic sites or to find events planned on May 19, go to mostateparks.com. Missouri State Parks is a division of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse