Independence Day Dog Show, seminar | Events
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - The Southeast Chapter of the Missouri Pet Breeders Association, along with the American Canine Association will hold an Independence Day Dog Show and Seminar June 29-30 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The show will be at the American Legion Building on Highway PP in Poplar Bluff, Mo. You can take Highway 67 by-pass to PP Highway Exit (turn east onto PP). Look for signs on south side of road, the show is located behind the Ozark Flooring Stores.
A schedule of events includes:
Friday, June 29
- 8 a.m. - Registration and Booth Visitation
- 8:30 a.m. - Welcome Opening Ceremony by President Wayne Powell of S.E.M.P.B.A.
- 8:30 a.m. - Presentation/Discussion with Dr. Kesler (1.5 C.E.U.)
- 10 a.m. - Booth Visitation
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. - ACA Conformation Dog Show
- 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. - JR. Handlers class
- 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. - Presentation/Discussion with Dr. Kesler (105 C.E.U.)
- 3 p.m. - Final Conformation Dog Show for the day
Saturday, June 30
- 8 a.m. - Registration, Silent Auction table open and booth visitation
- 8:45 a.m. - Welcome Open Ceremony by President Wayne Powell, M.P.B.A. Southeast Chapter
- 9 a.m. - Butler County Sheriff Mark Dobbs will be speaking on Pet and Kennel Security (1.0 C.E.U.)
- 9:45 a.m. - Booth Visitation
- 10:15 a.m. - USDA and Missouri Department of Agriculture (1.0 C.E.U.)
- 11:15 a.m. - Booth Visitation
- 11:30 a.m. - President of the Animal Welfare Alliance, Charlotte Craig will be speaking on: NO Kill Shelter in Butler Co.
- 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - Lunch (will be available to purchase at the American Legion)
- 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. - JR. Handler Class
- 1 p.m. - Presentation/Discussion with President of ACA, Bob Yarnall will be speaking on Legislative updates (1.5 C.E.U.)
- 2:30 p.m. - Booth Visitation
- 3 p.m. - S.E.M.P.B.A. Silent Auction Announcements
- 3:30 p.m. - Year end Champion of Champions Dog Show. This show is by invitation only. These are dogs that have already been championed out in the show ring.
For more information, you can contact:
- President Wayne Powell - 573-354-2692
- Vice President Terry Cozart - 573-989-3241
- State/Publicity Director Rex Hopkins - 573-785-6492 or 573-429-4145
- Representative Lena Cross - 610-858-6214
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.