A.J. Martin Elementary to host bone marrow drive for 6th grader | Events
EAST PRAIRIE, MO (KFVS) - A.J. Martin Elementary School will be holding a bone marrow drive December 19 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. in conjunction with the National Bone Marrow Registry.
Shaelynn Nordwald, a teacher at A.J. Martin, says they have a sixth grade student diagnosed with Leukemia this past summer. She says after numerous chemo treatments, it was determined the student is in need of a bone marrow transplant and in response they are hosting the drive.
Nordwald says while they are in hopes of finding a match for the little boy, they are looking for people who are willing to save the life of anyone waiting for a donor.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse