Hearnes Elementary students visit 2nd Quarter Incentive Store | Events
MISSISSIPPI COUNTY, MO (KFVS) - Once again, the students at Hearnes Elementary visited an incentive store designed to promote positive behavior and actions.
The "Brock Buck Store," named after Hearnes principal Tammy Brock, finished its second run on Dec. 14. Students in grades K-5 had opportunities throughout the second quarter to earn incentive points, called "Brock Bucks." These bucks are rewarded for good attendance, behavior, citizenship, and honor roll, as well as a buck for every point earned in the Accelerated Reading (A.R.) program.
Once a quarter, the store is managed by B.J. Babb, the school's parent liaison. Students spent their hard-earned bucks on things like pencils, toys, books, and candy, with many new and "price-reduced" items for the holidays.
Donations of supplies or money for the "Brock Buck Store" may be made by contacting the Hearnes Main Office at 573-683-3728.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse