MoDOT to limit work zones for Thanksgiving travel | News
(KFVS) - The Missouri Department of Transportation announced they will be restricting work on interstates and state highways this holiday weekend.
Work on all MoDOT construction projects that would impact travel lanes stopped at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 23. MoDOT says work will resume at 9 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 28.
Traffic will be restricted in areas where there are permanent barriers, and crews may continue to work on sections of roadway closed to the public. MoDOT says if required, crews will also close lanes where needed for emergency maintenance.
“Even with most highway work stopping for the holiday weekend, motorists still need to stay alert and drive smart to ensure safe travels,” said MoDOT Assistant Chief Engineer Don Hillis. “That means paying attention, buckling up, obeying the speed limit, not drinking and driving and planning ahead."
For more information on work zones, you can visit their interactive traveler information map by clicking here or by calling 888-ASK-MODOT.
Copyright 2011 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse