Southbound I-57 to be reduced for bridge repairs | News
MISSISSIPPI COUNTY, MO (KFVS) - The Missouri Department of Transportation says southbound Interstate 57 will be reduced to one lane while crews make bridge repairs.
The bridge is located between the Mississippi River Bridge and County Road 202 (bridge over Lake Bayou).
Weather permitting, crews will be working to wash the bridge deck Wednesday, June 20 and on Monday, June 25 work on the approach to the bridge will be from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
MoDOT says the work zone will be marked with signs. Drivers are urged to use extreme caution while in the area.
For additional information, contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636) or visit www.modot.org/southeast.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse