2 face burglary, stealing charges in East Prairie | News
EAST PRAIRIE, MO (KFVS)- The Mississippi County Sheriff's Department arrested two people on several burglary and stealing charges.
Mississippi County Sheriff Keith Moore and some deputies went to a home in East Prairie to issue a search warrant on Thursday.
They found numerous items from a recent burglary of Story's farm office and shop which is located in Wolf Island, including firearms and other weapons.
Larry Lynn Taylor, Jr., 27, and Hali Lauren Watson, 17, were arrested.
About $7,000 worth of stolen items was recovered in the search.
Larry Lynn Taylor, Jr. is charged with burglary in the first degree, burglary in the second degree, three counts of felony stealing of a firearm and two counts of felony stealing. Taylor, Jr. was taken to the Mississippi County Detention Center with a bond of $200,000 cash or surety.
Hali Lauren Watson was taken to the Mississippi County Detention Center facing the same charges. Her bond is set at $100,000 cash or surety.
Sheriff Keith Moore says more arrests are probable.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse