Army Corps of Engineers heads back to Cairo | News
CAIRO, IL (KFVS)- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is heading back to the Heartland today to survey flood reconstruction.
The Corps' Memphis District Commander will discuss post-flood repair progress and other regional work at Cairo Thursday afternoon at 12:30 on the Ohio Riverfront.
Last year, the Corps made the controversial decision to intentionally break the Birds Point levee in part to keep Cairo from flooding.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse