Charleston man pleads guilty to murdering Arkansas man | News
POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS)- A Mississippi County man has pleaded guilty to murdering an Arkansas man in 2011.
Devonte Marquez Johnson, 19, of Charleston pleaded guilty on Tuesday to murder in the second degree, according to Mississippi County Prosecuting Attorney Darren Cann.
The charge was in connection to the August 2011 murder of Nicholas Munn.
Munn, 28, of Arkansas was shot to death on the parking lot of Bro's Kickin' Nightclub around 2:30 a.m. on West Marshall Street in Charleston.
Johnson had fled the area was found and arrested in Kalamazoo Michigan. He waived extradition and was returned to Missouri.
The case was held in Butler County on a change of venue from Mississippi County.
Sentencing for Johnson set for September 11 in Poplar Bluff.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse