Man runs from traffic stop, found in home's crawl space wearing only boxers | News
MISSISSIPPI COUNTY, MO (KFVS)- A man wanted after running from a routine traffic stop was found hiding in a crawl space under a home Thursday.
The Missouri Highway Patrol was involved in a routine traffic stop Wednesday around 8 a.m. The driver, Jacob Cissell, 26 of Charleston, did not stop and led officers on a 24-hour manhunt.
They say Cissell drove the car into the corn field in Mississippi County and ran. The sheriff's department received a tip Thursday morning that he may be in the area of Highway 80 in Mississippi County. When they arrived, they found Cissell in a crawl space under a home. They say he was wearing only boxers.
Cissell was arrested for property damage, fleeing and resisting arrest. Charges are pending.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse