"Take a kid fishing" day to be held in Kennett | News
KENNETT, MO (KFVS)- The Missouri Bootheel Regional Consortium is holding their 14th annual "Take a Kid Fishing" event in Kennett.
The event is Saturday, August 18 from 9 a.m. to noon, followed by a lunch. It's located at Combs Lake in Kennett.
There will be prizes and free refreshments available. Music will be provided by live remote from KCRV radio. A safety presentation will be given by the Missouri Department of Conservation, and the Missouri National Guard will be on site.
There are a limited amount of fishing poles and T-shirts available. Adults are encouraged to bring their own fishing poles and equipment.
Children should be accompanied by a parent or other adult at all times.
Transportation will be provided at designated sites. Pick-up times and locations are as follows:
- Scott County/Sikeston
- 8 a.m.
- Sikeston MBRC, Inc. Central Office
- 903 S. Kingshighway Suite A
- New Madrid
- 8:15 a.m.
- New Madrid Family Resource Center
- 420 Virginia Ave
- 8:30 a.m.
- Caruthersville Career Center
- 913 Hwy. 84 West
- Mississippi County
- 7:30 a.m.
- Country Mart
- Dunklin County
- 8:15 a.m.
- Wal-Mart Supercenter
- 1500 1st street
For more information on pick-up points or to RSVP call 573-471-9400 or visit www.mbrcinc.org.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse