2 men jailed on burglary charges in Mississippi County | News
MISSISSIPPI COUNTY, MO (KFVS)- Two men are facing separate burglary charges in Mississippi County.
According to Mississippi County Sheriff Keith
Moore, deputies arrested 21-year-old Matthew Scofield for burglary in the first degree.
Scofield was arrested on charges of entering the home of a couple while they were sleeping. He was accused of taking medications, jewelry and money.
Scofield was taken to the Mississippi County Detention Center with a bond of $50,000 cash or surety.
In a different case, Michael Crump, 30, of East Prairie was
arrested on charges of burglary in the second degree in a farm shop burglary
Crump was taken to the Mississippi County Detention Center with a
bond of $20,000.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse