Semis tipped over on I-57 bridge, 60-62 highway | News
ALEXANDER COUNTY, IL (KFVS)- The winds Thursday evening knocked over a semi right in the middle of the Interstate 57 bridge that connects Cairo to Charleston. Another semi tipped over on US 60-62.
The truck is on the left side of the southbound lanes. It ended up blocking one lane of traffic.
The Mississippi County EMA director says shortly after the first wreck another semi tipped over on US 60-62 south of the bridge between Wyatt and Cairo.
No word on the driver's condition.
Emergency crews had rerouted traffic off I-57 to the 60-62 bridge before the second wreck.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse