Charleston man sentenced to 20 years for murder | News
BUTLER COUNTY, MO (KFVS)- A Charleston man will spend the next 20 years behind bars in connection to a 2011 nightclub shooting.
Devonte Marquez Johnson, 19, of Charleston, was sentenced Wednesday to 20 years in the Missouri Department of Corrections for the second degree murder of Nicholas Munn.
The shooting murder happened in the parking lot of the Bro's Kickin' Nightclub in August 2011.
Johnson was arrested in Michigan a few days later.
The sentencing hearing was held in the Butler County Courthouse in Poplar Bluff on change of venue from Mississippi County.
Johnson entered a plea of guilty to murder in the second degree on July 2012.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse