Fire destroys home in East Prairie, fire marshal to investigate | News
EAST PRAIRIE, MO (KFVS)- An overnight fire destroyed a home in East Prairie and the state fire marshal has been called in to investigate.
According to Chief Kyle Hutcheson with the East Prairie Fire Department, a house at 301 Roosevelt in East Prairie caught on fire Sunday morning around 2:40 a.m.
Crews arrived on scene and battled the blaze. They were on the scene for over seven hours.
Chief Hutcheson says the roof collapsed making it difficult for fire fighters to extinguish all of the fire.
The chief says the house was recently rented, but not currently occupied. The house is a total loss.
Hutcheson believes the fire is suspicious. He says the state fire marshal has been called to investigate.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse