'Seat Belt check' results at Charleston High School | News
CHARLESTON, MO (KFVS) - Charleston High School posted this announcement Wednesday, October 25 about seat belt information.
The school says Officer Bickford has a surprise "seat belt check" for the students on Thursday and Friday. Here was the information collected, according to Bickford:
"Thursday I was parked behind the auditorium to check seat belts:
- 23 vehicles came through
- 6 students did not have their belt on
- 1 teacher did have his belt
- 25 students had their seat belt on
Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 7:55 a.m.
- 61 personal vehicles came through
- 1 school bus had his seat belt on
- 3 teachers, 1 teacher had his seat belt on, 2 did not
A total of 85 people were checked
- 56 had their belts on
- 25 no seat belt
This was a good check for this month. Again remember to 'Put Your Buckle On.' This will be turned into MoDOT for their stats.
Thanks for allowing me to do this."
For more announcements, you can click here to visit the school online.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse