Hearnes Elementary observes Red Ribbon Week | Schools
CHARLESTON, MO (KFVS) - Hearnes Elementary observed Red Ribbon Week November 12-16.
Red Ribbon Week is a nationwide tobacco, alcohol, drug, and violence prevention awareness campaign.
Counselor Leigh Barnhart organized the event for Hearnes Elementary, which included a spirit week, a school-wide poster contest, and a 5th grade essay contest.
The following students were winners of the Red Ribbon Week Drug Free poster contest:
- 1st - Gatayvia Moore
- 2nd - Nathaniel Achter
- 3rd - Jo'Eyonna Lee
- 1st - Marcus Johnson
- 2nd - Michael Bradley
- 3rd - Joel Foster
- 1st - Audrey Williams
- 2nd - Kyleigh Garrett
- 3rd - Trevor Radler and Kathyrne Bailey
- 1st - Anihya Chappell
- 2nd - Alexis Bradley
- 3rd - A'JahNoah Wells
- 1st - Marquelle Williams
- 2nd - LaKiya Wilson
- 3rd - Katelyn Chimienti
- 1st - Heaven Taylor
- 2nd - Zoreonta Moore
- 3rd - Nicole Hart
These students were winners of the 5th Grade essay contest:
- 1st - Zoreonta Moore
- 2nd - Isaiah Gillespie
- 3rd - Derricka Hall
The school would like to thank Red Ribbon Week contest sponsors: Focus Bank, McDonalds, and Pizza Hut.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Mississippi County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse